For my daughter’s 13th birthday several years ago, we celebrated by gathering her friends for a morning brunch and watching the Anne of Green Gables Movie. Let me tell you that standing in the background while 10 tween/teen girls watched this story was delightful. For them, it was an interactive experience as they discussed, laughed, sighed, groaned, predicted, argued, and celebrated. So sweet and entertaining!
I included my complete hosting menu as a part of our Anne of Green Gables Literature Kit. Enjoy some images from that day!
“It has always seemed to me, ever since early childhood, amid all the commonplaces of life, I was very near to a kingdom of ideal beauty. Between it and me hung only a thin veil. I could never draw it quite aside, but sometimes a wind fluttered it and I caught a glimpse of the enchanting realms beyond-only a glimpse-but those glimpses have always made life worthwhile.” ~Anne Shirley
- Anne of Green Gables Audio read by Rachel McAdams
- The entire Anne of Green Gables series of books
- Anne of Green Gables movies ~ The Megan Follows movies are by far the best!
- Anne of Green Gables Audio ~This Radio Theater presentation is wonderful!
- The beautiful Puffin in Bloom edition of Anne of Green Gables
- The Anne of Green Gables cookbook by Kate Macdonald
- Anne of Green Gables Puffin in Bloom t-shirt
- Carrot Top Paper Shop has all kinds of wonderful “Anne items.”
- “Kindred Spirit” Literature Kits:
Amazon Links are Affiliate Links at no cost to you! I only recommend what I love and/or own! Happy December!